Finding your Authentic Voice with Serena Evans
In this episode Jean is joined by Serena Evans. Serena has worked as an actor for over 40 years in theatre and television. She also helps people to find their authentic voice through coaching and facilitating groups.
In this episode they discuss
- How to build connection and belonging with people when working virtually,
- How anxiety is a normal response to public speaking!
- Strategies for calming and relaxing when we are speaking to an audience or in meetings
- The importance of telling stories to connect with and relate to others
- How this period has led to us learning new skills
- The role courage plays in helping us to take risks and be ready for rejection!
- How to see our careers as a long game – which helps us to overcome the knocks
Time to Think – Nancy Kline https://www.timetothink.com/books/time-to-think/
Be Heard Now – Lee Glickstein https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2025790.Be_Heard_Now
The Moth Podcast https://themoth.org/podcast
Serena Evans – https://serenaevans.co.uk/
Hi, I’m Jean. Coach. Teacher. Podcaster.
I’m a Master Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation, with over 20 years of coaching experience and 30 years of working with leaders in organizations. I’m the Founder of Bailey Balfour Asia Pacific, an organization consultancy, where I’m also Creator and Programme Director of our Accredited Coach Training Programs.